Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lorelai: Rory, my heart, today is Saturday, the day of rest!
Rory: Sunday's the day of rest.
Lorelai: No, Saturday's the day of pre-rest, see? Then by the time you get to Sunday, you're rested enough...to enjoy your rest.
Rory: That made absolutely no sense.
Lorelai: That's because it's 6:00 in the morning!

Rory: Some people like getting up early.
Lorelai: You lie.

Christopher: Ok look. I’ve been making some changes, especially my career and I think I finally have all my ducks lined up in a row.
Lorelai: You’re opening a shooting gallery.
Christopher: I’ve been tying up loose ends in my life.
Lorelai: Do they make that much string?

[Emily has called Lorelai to warn her of the heavy snowfall.]
Emily: Have you seen the news?
Lorelai: Ever?
Emily: A bad storm is heading your way. It's already hitting us here.
Lorelai: Well, don't panic. I'll get the ark, you get the animals.

Rory: One sec. You know Mom, I hate to bring this up, but I think there's a really obvious solution to our problem.
Lorelai: I know, hon.
Rory: You do?
Lorelai: Yes. And frankly, I think if I sold you into white slavery, I would miss you.

Lorelai: Luke, you gotta come out there with me. Patty gave my picture out to all these guys because she thinks I need a man.
Luke: You do, one with a nice couch and a deep knowledge of Freud.

Jess: My mother told me never go through a lady’s bag. . .at least, not until you’re a couple blocks away. I’m just kidding, she never said that. Though it sounds like pretty good advice, doesn’t it?

Lorelai: It’ll be fun. There’ll be cheerleaders and clowns, people doing the wave.
Rory: You have no idea what a hockey game is, do you?

Rory: If I had known sports were so much about eating, I would’ve come to a lot more of these.
Lane: I know. There’s something deeply satisfying about watching other people exercise while eating junk food.

Lorelai: But maybe he didn't mean it as a date thing. Maybe he just needed to get out of the house, and since I'm currently one of the women sitting at home, thinking, "If I could only find a man like Aragorn," he picked me.

Emily: [Directing the setup of chairs for her party] Just move them so people can navigate around them comfortably. [They move chairs.] Not that far apart. Not that far apart! Good Lord, if someone needs that much room to get around a chair they shouldn't be at a party, they should be on a treadmill.

No comments: