"More like Dad's science fiction and fantasy collection," said Harry. "Sort of my fifth parent, really. I've lived the lives of all the characters in all my books, and all their mighty wisdom thunders in my head. Somewhere in there was someone like Lesath, I expect, though I couldn't say who. It wasn't hard to put myself in his shoes. And it was my books that told me what to do about it, too. The good guys forgive."
Severus gave a light, amused laugh. "I'm afraid I wouldn't know much about what good people do."
Harry looked at him. That was kind of sad, actually. "I'll lend you some novels with good people in them, if you like."
from Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality by Less Wrong
(which is, in case you were wondering, a fanfiction story you can find here.)
(which is, in case you were wondering, a fanfiction story you can find here.)
No comments:
Post a Comment