Friday, August 24, 2007

"Thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the Lord thy God, and that my fear is not in thee, saith the Lord God of hosts.

For of old time I have broken thy yoke, and burst thy band; and thou saidst, I will not trangress; when upon every high hill and under every green tree thou wanderest, playing the harlot...thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith the Lord.

Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you...I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me.

Return, ye backsliding children and I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the Lord our God. Truly in vain is salvation hoped for from the hills, and from the multitude of mountains: truly in the Lord our God is the salvation of Israel."

from Jeremiah 2 and 3

No comments: