Zuko: [Studying a map detailing reported Avatar sightings scattered around] How am I going to find the Avatar, Uncle? He is clearly a master of evasive maneuvering.
[Cut to Sokka, looking at a similar map]
Sokka: [to Aang] You have no idea where you're going, do you?
Aang: I know how to deal with these guys, Katara. Pirates love to haggle. Watch and learn. [walks over to the Pirate Captain and affects a pirate-y accent] What say ye to the price of... [dramatically] One copper piece!
Pirate Captain: Hahaha! The price is 200 gold pieces. I don't haggle on items this rare.
Aang: Okay...Two copper pieces!
Pirate Captain: It's not as amusing the second time, boy.
Aang: [walks over to Katara who is staring incredulously at a closed door] Hey, Katara.
Katara: Can you believe she won't let me in? And after all the business I've given her!
Aang: But she doesn't even charge.
Katara: I know, but still.
Sokka: I can't believe all these saps! Someone really needs to scream some sense into these people.
Aang: They seem happy, Sokka.
Sokka: Not for long. I'm gonna prove to them Aunt Wu's predictions are nonsense. [He turns to a villager] Hey, you! I bet Aunt Wu told you to wear those red slippers, right?
Villager: Yeah. She said I'd meet my true love wearing red slippers.
Sokka [slyly]: Uh-huh. And how many times have you worn those shoes since you got that fortune?
Villager: Every day.
Sokka [angrily]: THEN OF COURSE IT'S GONNA COME TRUE!
Villager [excitedly]: Really?! You think so?! I'm so excited!
Toph: We can take 'em. Three on three.
Sokka: Actually Toph, there's four of us,
Toph: Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't count you; you know, no bending and all.
Sokka: I can still fight!
Toph: Okay. Three on three, plus Sokka.
Aang: So, what cool move are you gonna teach me first? Rock-a-lanche? The Trembler? Oh, oh, maybe I can learn to make a whirlpool outta land...
Toph: Let's start with, "Move A Rock."
Professor Zei: Delightful! I only wish I spoke his tongue. Oh, the stories this beast could tell.
Momo: [chittering to the Professor]
Professor Zei: Shush, chatty monkey!
Zuko: This city is a prison. I don’t want to make a life here.
Iroh: Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not.
Sokka: We'll split up to cover more area. Toph, I guess you should just come with me.
Toph [who is blind]: [Grumpily] Why? Because you think I can't put up posters on my own!? [Swipes glue across a wall, snatches a poster from Sokka, and slams it backwards onto the paste]
[Pause]
Toph: It's upside-down, isn't it?
Sokka: Wait! Toph, Aang stop attacking! Don't you see what she's doing? She's just playing with us! She's not even trying to win this fight.
Azula: Not true. I'm giving it my all.
Toph: You're trying to keep us here and waste all our time!
Azula: Right. I think your friend just said that, genius. And since you can't see, I should tell you, I'm rolling my eyes.
Zuko [while he and Aang are on their way to the Sun Warriors' ruins]: We've been riding for hours. I don't know why, but I thought this thing would be a lot faster! [Appa growls]
Aang: Appa's right, Zuko. In our group, typically we start our missions with a more upbeat attitude.
Zuko [under his breath]: Oh, I can't believe this.
Aang: Don't worry. You'll get the hang of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment