[Sam and Toby are sitting in an office, going over a Thanksgiving Day declaration speech.]
Sam [reading from his paper]: 'Well over three and a half centuries ago, strengthened by faith and bound by a common desire for liberty, a small band of Pilgrims sought out a place in the new world where they could worship according to their own beliefs...[Sam pauses and looks up hopefully before saying]...and solve crimes...'
Toby [tiredly]: Sam...
Sam [defensively]: It'd be good!
Toby: Read the thing.
Sam [ignores Toby]: By day they churn butter and worship according to their own beliefs and by night they solve crimes.
Toby: Read the thing.
Sam: Pilgrim detectives!
Toby: Do you see me laughing?
Sam: I think you're laughing on the inside.
Toby: Okay.
Sam: With the big hats!
Toby: Give me the speech.
[Later, in the same scene.]
C.J. [stressed out]: Whatever! I'm the Thanksgiving cruise director around here!
Sam [puzzled]: It wasn't like this last year?
C.J.: I wasn't here last year.
Toby: Where were you last year?
C.J.: They sent me home last year. You don't remember me having a 101.7 degree fever and all kinds of flu-like symptoms?
Toby: No.
C.J.: That's 'cos every time we come up on a holiday, you guys check out like seniors who are done with finals.
Toby [spreads out hands in innocence]: We are writing a very important Thanksgiving proclamation.
Sam: And possibly a new action-adventure series.
Toby [with certainty]: Nobody here's checked out...
[Josh enters and stands next to C.J. in the doorway]
Josh [to C.J.]: Hey, I was just flipping a nickel in my office. Sixteen times in a row, it came out tails.
[Silence while Josh admires his nickel, and C.J. glares at an uncomfortable Toby and Sam]
C.J.: I'm going home.
Josh [not noticing anything]: Sixteen times in a row..
[Flips coin again. Cut to Donna walking in. Off screen, the sound of coin hitting palm and Josh: Yeah!]
No comments:
Post a Comment