- Phoebe
[Flashback scene: Bartlet campaign team during Primaries. Team has just started working together and it shows.]
Bartlet [slightly sarcastically]: Well, that's it then. And we've saved people the trouble of voting. What's next?
Josh: Our point is that it's...
Bartlet [exasperated and waspish]: I understand the point. We're going to South Carolina to set up Illinois. When I ask 'what's next', it means that I'm ready to move on to other things, so, what's next?
Leo: We're done.
Bartlet: Fantastic.
[Group disperses to do work]
Josh [hanging around Leo while others walk away]: Well, I feel bathed in the warm embrace of the candidate, Leo.
Leo: He's really very easy to like once you get to know him.
Josh [seriously]: How many people get that far?
Leo [admittedly]: Not that many.
Josh [pauses]: Okay.
[Later on in the episode, back at present time. At the hospital, doctors are trying to wake Josh up. He slowly comes to, incredibly groggy. He's surrounded by Jed and Leo and some medical staff. His lips move but nothing audible comes out.]
Bartlet [Leans over him]: I couldn't hear you, Josh.
[Josh whispers weakly into the President's ear.]
Leo: What'd he say?
Bartlet [smiles at Leo]: He said, 'What's next?'
[Fade to black, and credits.]
Bartlet [Leans over him]: I couldn't hear you, Josh.
[Josh whispers weakly into the President's ear.]
Leo: What'd he say?
Bartlet [smiles at Leo]: He said, 'What's next?'
[Fade to black, and credits.]
No comments:
Post a Comment