Green Arrow: Who guards the guardians? We got it covered.
from 'Divided We Fall', Justice League Unlimited (episode 25)
Batman is my favourite character of the Justice League. (Wow. I just realised I said almost the exact same thing three years ago.)
This pretty much takes the cake as the best Justice League episode ever, in my opinion. I love the transitions between flashbacks and the present, the nods to the Batman universe, the continuity in the series with Batman Beyond, and especially - especially! - the scene between Batman and Ace.
When comparing the dual identities of Superman/Clark Kent and Batman/Bruce Wayne, there has been a recent, interesting observation that Clark Kent is the real persona for Superman (the good-hearted Kansas farm-raised boy scout upholding his Midwestern values; Batman once commented: "It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him."). On the other hand, Batman (the Dark Knight) is the true personality of the man while playboy billionaire Bruce Wayne is merely the façade. The latest Christopher Nolan movies definitely support this theory. "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me", anyone?
This pretty much takes the cake as the best Justice League episode ever, in my opinion. I love the transitions between flashbacks and the present, the nods to the Batman universe, the continuity in the series with Batman Beyond, and especially - especially! - the scene between Batman and Ace.
When comparing the dual identities of Superman/Clark Kent and Batman/Bruce Wayne, there has been a recent, interesting observation that Clark Kent is the real persona for Superman (the good-hearted Kansas farm-raised boy scout upholding his Midwestern values; Batman once commented: "It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him."). On the other hand, Batman (the Dark Knight) is the true personality of the man while playboy billionaire Bruce Wayne is merely the façade. The latest Christopher Nolan movies definitely support this theory. "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me", anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment