Monday, February 07, 2011

'Look: we can't go back and we certainly don't want to stay here, so we must keep on going as we were before these little things happened...Down in our direction, Fezzik, but I can tell you're a bit edgy about all this, so, out of the goodness of my heart, I will let you walk down not behind me, and not in front of me, but right next to me, on the same step, stride for stride, and you put an arm around my shoulder because this will probably make you feel better, and I, so as not to make you feel foolish, will put an arm around your shoulder, and thus, safe, protected, together, we will descend.'

'Will you draw your sword with your free hand?'

'I already have. Will you make a fist with yours?'

'It's clenched.'

'Then let's look on the bright side: we're having an adventure, Fezzik, and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are.'

from The Princess Bride by William Goldman

No comments: